[oi-dev] Desktop Illumos Still Matters

Jonathan Adams t12nslookup at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 10:28:17 UTC 2012

On 5 September 2012 11:14, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Linking /sbin/sh to ksh definitely was a mistake and I plan to fix this in
> SchilliX-ON since a longer time. Before I introduce my fix, I will first
> replace the unmaintained Bourne Shell from Sun sources by the current
> maintained one which you can find in:
>
>         ftp://ftp.berlios.de/pub/schily/

do you have a patch/diffs to source supplied elsewhere? Is this
project stored in a git repository, or even in an SCCS tar ball
separate to the Schillix-ON project?

Are you offering these changes as an update to the Illumos bash
project to be upstreamed, will you be working with these changes in
the community?

is it possible to exclude your added functionality that was not in the
original shell so that we can stay compatible with all older POSIX
compliant systems that don't have this additional functionality?

Jon