[oi-dev] Desktop Illumos Still Matters

Alasdair Lumsden alasdairrr at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 21:01:15 UTC 2012

On 05/09/2012 21:36, Andrew Stormont wrote:
> These sorts of scripts are just broken.  What it really should do is check the value of CC before adding any compiler specific flags.  Patching it to do that would be my preferred way of solving the problem.

That works too.

The thing is they're pretty dumb in operation - they pick up the
compiler environment, which in the case of mysql was optimised for the
database server. Client libraries really won't benefit from the
optimisations.

We could store the Sun Studio optimisations, and expose them with CC is
detected as Studio, but gcc users miss out on them. So for equality it
seems easier just to strip them.