[oi-dev] Desktop Illumos Still Matters

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Thu Sep 6 09:35:12 UTC 2012

"Andrew M. Hettinger" <AHettinger at Prominic.NET> wrote:

> That said, I think what Nick was talking about was not a build failure, but
> common issues IPS itself can have. I've seen a few (rare) times where it
> will just spit out a call-stack. Haveing a goto page of potental problems
> and fixes/workarounds would help.

Apart from the uncomodities with IPS, there is a real bug in OI:

There is no way to mark a zone as "native" in OI and a native zone will be
modified on upgrades even though this is wrong.

BTW: SchilliX-ON recently fixed the problem with the missing files that are the
reason for nor being able to mark a zone as "native".

Jörg