[oi-dev] New Project Lead?

Nick Zivkovic zivkovic.nick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 13:33:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 5:44 AM, Joerg Schilling
<Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Maxim Kondratovich <maxim.mvk at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1
>> I think that leader is not a main problem now, but coordinator must be.
>
> If we like OpenSolaris to survive, we need an OpenSolaris coordinator.
>
> The current changes in Illumos are not in the right direction for a universally
> usable OpenSolaris and there are more challenges like e.g. needed enhancements

Just so that I can get a better idea, what changes were made to
Illumos that make OpenSolaris less usable?

> for more recent POSIX standards and a plan to achieve binary compatibility
> across at least different OpenSolaris forks.

So, binaries that run on OI, Delphix, OmniOS, SmartOS, Nexenta,
Schiilix, Belenix, etc, are not compatible with each other? How/when
did this happen?