[oi-dev] New Project Lead?

Nick Zivkovic zivkovic.nick at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 17:17:44 UTC 2012

I wish I had known about Schillix-ON earlier. I had just finished
upgrading to OI151a.

Are Schillix-ON and the OI userland mutually exclusive? Or can we swap
the Illumos and Schillix-ON kernels as we please? I hope both kernels
can mutually read each others' zfs pools, to avoid unintentional
lock-in.

It would be beneficial to OI and its users to offer a choice between
kernels, if this is at all feasible.

It would also be great if Schillix-ON can offer a list of "different
goals" they have from Illumos. How is a potential user/contributor
supposed to know which kernel to use, aside from picking the most
popular one off hand?

I see that Shillix-ON deviates from Illumos since version 147, I
wonder if KVM support is planned?

But this probably belongs in another list.