[oi-dev] Desktop Illumos Still Matters

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Wed Sep 5 20:59:54 UTC 2012

On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Andrew Stormont wrote:

>> The only thing you really need for extensions to build is the -I bit. The rest is Sun Studio pedantry.
>
> These sorts of scripts are just broken.  What it really should do is
> check the value of CC before adding any compiler specific flags.
> Patching it to do that would be my preferred way of solving the
> problem.

Things get complicated because it might not even be possible to
combine code compiled by two different C compilers.  Some
compiler-specific options might be needed in order to obtain special
compilation modes and secret library dependencies (especially for
threads and OpenMP).  There are also explicit library dependencies to
get right.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn