[oi-dev] State of development

Ken Gunderson kgunders at teamcool.net
Mon Apr 15 14:10:16 UTC 2013

At Mon, 15 Apr 2013 00:00:35 -0400,
Magnus wrote:

> October 2012 was six months ago. Complaining that this was how long we've had to wait since the last oi release is directly relevant to OP's familiarity with OpenBSD. Please try to gain deeper understanding of what you're criticizing before telling someone their opinion is lame, Ken.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 14, 2013, at 9:09 PM, Ken Gunderson <kgunders at teamcool.net> wrote:
>
> > At Sun, 14 Apr 2013 11:16:48 -0400,
> > Magnus wrote:

> >> If you're coming from OpenBSD, this shouldn't be at all alarming.
> >
> > This is a pretty lame statement: OpenBSD releases like clockwork every
> > six months.
> >
> > My $0.02
> >
> > Peace-- Ken

Mea culpa!! Please amend my comment: "OpenBSD releases stable, secure,
 bug free, production ready releases like clockwork, every six months.

Apologies if I misinterpreted your meaning, as by my (and most
operation types I am acquainted with) standards, OI has never actually
had a production ready release.  That is not to say that I think OI,
OI devs, etc. are lame.  Quite the contrary.  My reaction to your
comment was more in defense of a perceived dig against OBSD than a
promotion of OI.

Best-- Ken