[oi-dev] State of development

Hugo hugo at myhomeemail.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 01:08:18 UTC 2013

Absolutely agree with both Alasdair's and Jose's words.

Obviously OI has an uphill struggle ahead, I think it's greatest
problem, at least, at the moment, is lack of information for visitor's -
especially first timers.

OI has by far the best 'presence' on the internet thanks to google and
the remnants of OpenSolaris, but - whilst I have no problem with it -
many will struggle to see any real activity/interest in the project.

For all it's worth, it might - for example - be worth have a
suggested/guess-work 'RoadMap'..  Even if the dates / targets are pushed
back every 3 months for another 3 months, at least it *looks* like
someone is having a quick think about it and posting up the latest
pushbacks :)

Anyway, for those contributing to it, thanks for all your efforts so far
and I wish you all the best generally.

Myself, and others, will continue to potter along with the contributions
that we can =]

Cya!