[oi-dev] State of development

Hans-Peter Carpenter thecarpy at netscape.net
Thu Apr 18 10:05:37 UTC 2013

All,

Luca, I sort of agree ... ok, I am just some random tech writer (with
some dev skills in KSH, Java) who likes Solaris and would love to
contribute to this project. The problem I see is vision - we probably
need to find a way to get a FreeBSD driver wrapper, akin to ndis - it
does not sound that hard a thing to do to me, but I have absolutely no idea.

Just thought FreeBSD stole "our" DTRACE and ZFS, let's steal their
drivers ;-)

We do need vision and a plan. I would be happy to update the website, I
have done some tiny changes here and there, and I thought this project
was dead, now I see a bunch of people who actually want this thing to
roll, I am not alone? Coool! This mailing list has a life after all ...
(except wifi driver compilation issues/porting).

I have a couple of weeks off of work soon, if I overhaul the wiki a bit,
what will you do?

BTW, I have an HP Elitebook 8540W and I wanna put oi on this thing,
however, it is my production lappy - so I needa be somewhat sure that it
is more stable than Windows 7 was - I am running linux now :-\. Note:
Windows 7 (with latest drivers) lost wifi connection every time I
unplugged the power adapter, forcing a reboot ... yes, it is supposed to
be a laptop ;-)

/Henry Ford/ - "/Obstacles/ are those frightful things you see when you
take your eyes off your goals."

HP