[oi-dev] Broadcom wireless drivers for OpenIndiana

Jim Klimov jimklimov at cos.ru
Fri Apr 26 17:08:11 UTC 2013

On 2013-04-26 18:01, Jean-Pierre wrote:
>> Does the first 4-byte padding belong in the child struct or in the
>> parent, prefixing all variations of the union sub-structures?
>
> You need two paddings, the way you showed above. I suggest
> the patch below (possibly damaged by the mailer), which
> might be overkill :

Thanks, I'll try to test it tonight. Off the top of your head,
would such padding be needed in other structures that comprise
the union? I think I saw some such examples when I looked at
the code yesterday (actually, hence my ideas about padding),
but I am not sure how many of the variants had that precaution
in place.

//Jim