[oi-dev] build server issue and other questions

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sat Aug 3 08:20:15 UTC 2013

Hello.

Sorry for the recent breakage of build server. There were several
problems.
The main issue was caused by perl update. Our pkg tools can't generate
dependency on perl when it is provided by mediator.
Possibly, they just need updating, because upstream also provides a
mediated link for /usr/bin/perl.
As a quick workaround the following works. In *.p5m file of affected
package add the following.
1) Don't generate dependency on perl file
<transform file path=.* -> default pkg.depend.bypass-generate perl >
2) Set optional dependency either on perl 5.10 or perl 5.16
depend fmri=runtime/perl-510@$(IPS_COMPONENT_VERSION),$(BUILD_VERSION) \
predicate=runtime/perl-510 \
type=conditional

depend fmri=runtime/perl-516@$(IPS_COMPONENT_VERSION),$(BUILD_VERSION) \
predicate=runtime/perl-516 \
type=conditional

Other issue preventing successful build was apache update, which
required small correction in php Makefile.

Another annoying problem is a patch problem. Sometimes build system
tries to reapply already applied patches. Perhaps, it's a jenkins job
issue, but I'm not sure.

And one more bug to be noted: our gnu diff doesn't like "-p" option -
perhaps diffutils need updating.