[oi-dev] sqlite update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Aug 28 10:42:49 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'm looking at sqlite update now. Binary incompatibility introduced by
proposed update to 3.7.17 was evident - some API calls were not present
in resulting library. Now I have it seems compatible library and have a
question on symbol versioning. In Oracle JDS sqlite_3.7.14.1 symbol
version is  defined to identify latest sqlite. We update further - to
3.7.17. Does it make sense to introduce separte symbol version for every
API change (sqlite_3.7.15 - include sqlite3_errstr, sqlite_3.7.17 -
include sqlite3_strglob) or just introduce version including all new
symbols?
Personally, I don't see sense in creating separate sqlite_3.7.15 version.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,