[oi-dev] Planned e-hackathon this saturday

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Aug 26 00:16:51 UTC 2013

alp at sfedu.ru писал 25.08.2013 12:43:

> So, I've just enabled gnuplot (seems to work here), disabled lighttpd
> and going to trigger full clean rebuild of oi-userland to check for
> other possible problems after recent updates and build infrastructure
> changes.

Clean rebuild is always a disaster. OI-userland had to be polished... I
wish we had found all these small bugs earlier. We definately need daily
clean rebuild job.
As for outcome of lua update. For now I've enabled lighttpd without lua
support. There are several ways of enabling lua support:
a) fix lighttpd 1.4.32 to work with new lua (any volunteers ? ) - I'm
not gonna doing it myself, it seems to be non-trivial and I don't see
adequate benefit from this...
b) create separate 1.4.23 lighttpd component with lua support (I've
heard earlier versions can be compiled with newer lua)
c) create separate lua 5.1 package (delivering files /usr/lua-5.1) and
compile lighttpd with it...

I'm inclined to do (c) or to leave things in the current state... Any
comments?

BTW, can someone check image/rrdtool and library/gegl (what is it?) work
with lua 5.2?
---