[oi-dev] firefox report

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Dec 16 06:25:35 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'd like to share current firefox update status.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gPSfl6xVrxoZD_dS_ftb2G6XmbJ_YoqnA6zlITj4VgA/edit?usp=sharing

Currently I managed to create component for FF 24.1.1 and now I look at
dependent packages.

However, I have some bad news:
It seems that the package became incompatible with older plugins. I
don't know if it is related to GNU G++ and Sun Studio C++
incompatibility or to differences between FF versions, but the fact is:
JDK plugin and Adobe Flash plugin doesn't work.
When I enable them I receive a lot of errors

###!!! [Parent][RPCChannel] Error: Channel error: cannot send/recv

So far I don't see good solution to this problem. Of course, I'd like to
look at OpenJDK and lightning/gnash. But if JDK problem can be solved,
I'm not so sure about Flash.

What do you think about this issue?
--
Best regards,