[oi-dev] python 2.7: who doesn't want it ?

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Dec 6 14:21:39 UTC 2013

On 12/06/2013 18:11, Adam Števko wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> I thought that Python 2.7 needs newer IPS. I have it almost ready, but I won't publish anything till next weekend ad I am busy finishing school.
>
> If we want to integrate python, I propose we release new media before doing so.
>
> Cheers,

Hello, Adam.

I also thought so. And it really needs newer IPS for proper dependency
generation. However, if we forbid it to generate dependencies
automatically and add them manually, everything works.

I think it's not necessary to make ISO (but why not?), because update
will not switch default version - look at transforms/defaults - python
2.6 has a vendor priority. Of course, we'll not be able to make it
default for some time.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,