[oi-dev] New pkg5 in the repo

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Dec 10 06:16:37 UTC 2013

Hello.
And several more question on new IPS.
I see that

on my hipster installations:
$ pkg info -r package/pkg
           Name: package/pkg
software
                 delivery system used on OpenSolaris systems.  This
package
                 contains the core command-line components and depot
server.
       Category: System/Packaging
          State: Installed
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 0.5.11
  Build Release: 5.11
         Branch: 0.151.1.8
Packaging Date: March  5, 2013 02:48:14 PM
           Size: 7.44 MB
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/package/pkg@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T144814Z

and on the build server
$ pkg info -r package/pkg
           Name: package/pkg
software
                 delivery system used on Oracle Solaris.  This package
contains
                 the core command-line components and pkg.depotd server.
       Category: System/Packaging
          State: Installed
      Publisher: openindiana.org
        Version: 0.151.1.8.1
         Branch: None
Packaging Date: December 10, 2013 12:09:42 AM
           Size: 12.72 MB
           FMRI:
pkg://openindiana.org/package/pkg@0.151.1.8.1:20131210T000942Z

Firstly, note, 0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8 vs 0.151.1.8.1 versions. Is it
intentional?

Secondly, I think 0.151.1.8.1 should suppress   0.5.11,5.11-0.151.8
version. But I don't see it in the repository.

And finally, I've seen
"NOTE: Please review release notes posted at:

http://www.oracle.com/pls/topic/lookup?ctx=E23824&id=SERNS"

on build server. There should be a link for OI release notes.

---