[oi-dev] firefox report

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon Dec 16 12:11:51 UTC 2013

On 16/12/2013 11:47, Maxim Kondratovich wrote:
> I think that only JDK is a problem. I believe that flash will go soon.

Flash won't go, that's a fundamental misunderstanding. It's
just the platforms supported that have changed. Most DRM-stuff
cannot be delivered via HTML5, so Flash will be continuing for
a long time. At least, firefox should be compiled in a way so
that the latest flash 11.2.x for Solaris will work, until the
new Firefox builtin Shumway replacement will be stable and
compilable for Solaris (FF>26).
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski    Inst.f.Meteorology a.Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php