[oi-dev] Hi there

Hans-Peter Carpenter thecarpy at netscape.net
Wed Feb 27 13:35:04 UTC 2013

Hi there,

My name is Hans-Peter Carpenter and I am English. I am a tech writer for
a Dutch software vendor and would like to contribute some of my time in
the evenings to improve your doc.

I have experience with Linux, Mac OS X, Windows, Solaris, FreeBSD and a
few other flavors of Unix. I know how to use cvs, subversion,bugziller,
tracamong "many" other pieces of software.

I write both the doc and doc tools at my current employer. I used to
author in XML with OxygenXML, now I author in JSPwiki and convert that
to XML with a few awk scripts - authoring is simple, since the wiki
content is in cvs which I check out and author from there with vi, sed,
awk... output is in HTML and PDF.

First of all, I would like to know where I would be needed- gimme a bug
and instructions on where I should send my interpretation of a fix and
we will work from there. I could not find a task in wiki, page is TBD.

Who is in charge of the documentation?

Regards,

HP