[oi-dev] Compiler migration #2

Bayard Bell buffer.g.overflow at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 19:47:52 UTC 2013

Main points:

1) Oracle copyrights can be added to but not replaced
2) ARC URLs can die
3) other URLs should move into the Makefiles, but this requires build
system changes oi-build may not have; happy to provide patches
4) would prefer to see the dirlist done as a patch to automake-113 rather
than implicitly patching by direct inclusion in the manifest, as, at least
to my mind, this makes clearer what is going on (is this in the style notes
I started last year? I thought perhaps so because the manifest ordering
changes make sense to me ;->)
5) I'd prefer to see studio-specific options made compiler-specific (quite
a few are already) rather than ripped out; happy to provide patches
6) why was disable-static removed for python26?

Cheers,
Bayard