[oi-dev] Libreoffice status

ken mays maybird1776 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 7 16:48:03 UTC 2013

Hello,

I monitor LibreOffice usage with Wine on Illumos-based distros so I can help in that regard.

Minor crash issues seem to affect the builds on oi_151a7. This is not much different as seen on various Linux builds, so
just isolate the ones specific to Illumos-based distros.

The Adfinis SyGroup in Sweden has been provided build of OpenOffcie and there was some talks to see if they would do the same for LibreOffice (this was about a year ago...).

Important references here as well:
https://blogs.apache.org/OOo/entry/porting_apache_openoffice_to_solaris

http://ask.libreoffice.org/en/question/1386/are-there-plans-for-a-solaris-version-of/
http://nabble.documentfoundation.org/LibreOffice-openIndiana-td3688764.html

https://www.illumos.org/issues/684
http://ewaldertl.blogspot.com/2012/01/wine-on-openindiana-liberoffice-ok.html

Many of us have built build environments or builds of LibreOffice for testing so just ask if you have the time to do some debugging or work on specific packages/packaging.

~ Ken Mays