[oi-dev] Partial JDS repo

Milan Jurik milan.jurik at xylab.cz
Sun Jan 20 18:44:12 UTC 2013

Hi,

small status report:

1) nearly everything migrated, with these exceptions:

a) parts of evolution because it requires Berkeley DB and I prefer to
have BDB as part of OI and not as private part of JDS CBE. I hope BDB
will be included in the next OI release from oi-build/userland

b)
runtime/python-26
library/python-2/setuptools-26

These are much better shape in userland gate and it would be better to
have them out of JDS consolidation

2) several packages were obsoleted, small package reshuffles done to
move it closer to the current JDS

3) you can take a look at http://hg.opensolaris.cz/oi-jds/ there is
basic of the gate. You can see root Makefile how to build it if you have
installed CBE (Studio needed). JDS has the same CBE as SFE.

4) The whole build will not pass completely on plain OI because of one
small build issue which requires temporary patch. I recommend to use
binary JDS repo as part of CBE if you want to experiment with it.

5) build steps are:

a) set CBE
b) export PKGBUILD_IPS_SERVER value
c) make subdirectories
d) make obsolete
e) make packages

I did not include everything in this e-mail. Sooner or later I will put
info on wiki but if anobody knows spec based consolidations, this should
be enough info for him.

Best regards,

Milan