[oi-dev] SFE developer for OpenIndiana

Sašo Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 14:23:54 UTC 2013

On 01/21/2013 03:20 PM, Luca De Pandis wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> i would like to become a SFE software porter for the OI community.
>
> I've already downloaded the SFE trunk from the svn repository, installed
> Sun Studio 12.1 and CBE.

I know I might be slightly off-topic here, but isn't OI going to switch
to GCC for building? Studio is proprietary and being at the mercy of
Oracle and their wild licensing policies doesn't seem like a good idea
to me. Illumos has made the switch go GCC-4.4.4 almost half a year ago
and it is in the IO repos (pkg:/developer/illumos-gcc).

Cheers,
--
Saso