[oi-dev] Bumping zlib to 1.2.8

Erol Zavidic erolms at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 18:33:00 UTC 2013

Folks,

I bumped zlib to the latest version. The update should be backwards
compatible, but dependency list is long and something might break. Need
your assistance here.
One of the issues that has to be resolved _before_ updating zlib is to
update libxml2 to a version higher that 2.7.6. In 2.7.6 there is a nasty
bug, fiddling with zlib internal structures, causing libxml2 coredump with
newer zlib versions. I will look into libxml2 recipe later on/tomorrow.

Here's the diff for review, please comment. Thx.
https://github.com/erolms/oi-userland/compare/zlib

Cheers,
Erol