[oi-dev] conflicting files, dependencies and moving spec files to oi-userland

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Jul 12 16:23:45 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'm trying to import SUNWxscreensaver.spec to oi-userland.
The issue is that it is actually three different packages. I've almost
finished with xscreensaver itself, but there are also
xscreensaver/hacks, xscreensaver/hacks/hacks-gl and
xscreensaver/hacks/rss-glx.
The process of determining package boundaries is rather boring and
error-prone :)

So, I came to the following:
now we ship xscreensaver.mo files in gnome/locale/XX packages, which (at
least gnome/locale/ru) by the way conflict with
gnome/accessibility/gnome-a11y-libs (on
usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/at-spi.mo), desktop/gtk2 (on
usr/share/locale/ru/LC_MESSAGES/gtk20.mo) and so on....

The question is following: if we build application on by-component
basis, how can we create global package like gnome/locale/XX ? Probably,
it can be converted to just meta-package with a lot of dependencies on,
e.g. xscreeensaver/locale/XX and so on.

The other question is what to do with localization in this particular
case...
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,