[oi-dev] Error when linking to libgfortran.so

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 17:22:39 UTC 2013

  Hi,
I am building mpich for hipster with gcc 4.7.3 and the configure step
fails with the error:

ld.so.1: conftest: fatal: libgfortran.so.3: open failed: No such file or
directory

I though that since LDFLAGS=-R/usr/gcc/4.7/lib was passed to build gcc
in hipster it would be resolved automatically but apparently it is not
the case.
The library libgfortran.so.3 is present in /usr/gcc/4.7.3/lib but there
are no symlinks to /usr/lib.
I am wondering if this is intentional since libgcc_s.so.1 and the
libgcc_s.so symlink are present both in /usr/gcc/4.7/lib and /usr/lib,
provided respectively by developer/gcc-47 and system/library/gcc-4-runtime.

What should be the fix then ? Adding /usr/gcc/4.7/lib to the lib path or
should there be symlinks (or copies) in /usr/lib in
system/library/gcc-4-runtime ?

I remember having a similar discussion a year ago at least but cannot
find the archives...
Best regards,

Aurélien