[oi-dev] Broadcom BCM4312 wireless on OpenIndiana 64-bit

Jean-Pierre jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 5 07:46:27 UTC 2013

Hi Maxim,

Maxim wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm trying to modload bcmndis but it hangs and reboot system.
>
> Laptop: Dell XPS M1330
> device: endor 0x14E4  device 0x4314

This device is not supported by the drivers which I have tested
(see http://article.gmane.org/gmane.os.openindiana.devel/2008)

> Tried all drivers that were recommended in HTML and ticket

Where did you find recommended drivers for your device ?

> How to get information from system, to determine problem? Tail and dmesg
> don't help, system just hungs.

I do not have the same equipment, and I cannot really test
anything. I may help to diagnose what is going wrong if you
give more details (assuming you are using ndis-1.3.0)

- the driver for Windows you are using (which version, where
   did you get it from),
- any warnings from the building phase (specifically during
   the ndiscvt stage),
- the syslog details (/var/adm/messages), at least the ndisapi
   and bcmndis activation messages and the panic context (register
   dump, backchain, etc.)

Jean-Pierre