[oi-dev] imagemagick

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Jul 10 21:23:57 UTC 2013

I'm a bit confused.

$ pkg search -Hr 'depend::image/imagemagick' | awk  '{ print $4; }' |
cut -d @ -f 1  | sort | uniq
pkg:/desktop/xscreensaver/hacks/rss-glx
pkg:/redistributable
pkg:/SUNWimagick

Don't we have anything in repository except one scrensaver that requires
imagemagick ???

I've checked on my KDE-based FreeBSD desktop:
pkg_info -R ImageMagick-6.7.7.0_1
Information for ImageMagick-6.7.7.0_1:

Required by:
libdmtx-0.7.4_2
prison-1.0_1
kdepimlibs-4.8.3_1
kdepim-runtime-4.4.11.1_2
kdepim-4.4.11.1_3
kde-workspace-4.8.3_1
kdeplasma-addons-4.8.3_1
kgpg-4.8.3
kdeutils-4.8.3
kdenetwork-4.8.3_2
kdeadmin-4.8.3_1
kdetoys-4.8.3_1
kdeartwork-4.8.3_1
kde-4.8.3
konversation-1.4_2

It seems the whole kde requires it using libdmtx. Can someone with JDS
or Gnome2/Mate on Linux/FreeBSD  desktop check what packages require
imagemagick?

Bob Friesenhahn писал 10.07.2013 21:29:
> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>
> Hello all again.
>
> Now I have (it seems) working imagemagick update :
> https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/imagemagick
>
> However, it can break a lot, because imagemagick library names, so
> numbers and so on changed. So it seems to integrate it we need to
> rebuild all dependent packages (including other gates, e.g. JDS).
>
> ImageMagick can be configured to use subsets of its dependencies.
> Someone should decide which dependencies are actually worth using and
> which can be mapped out without excessive loss of functionality.  For
> example, a dependency on cairo pulls in quite a lot of other stuff.
> This means that any software which links with ImageMagick then becomes
> dependent on this other stuff.  It would also mean that the
> ImageMagick binaries would not run without X11 client libraries and
> the other dependencies installed.
>
> Besides changes to library names, the ImageMagick APIs and ABI are not
> terribly stable.  Care needs to be taken to avoid ripple effects which
> result in rebuilding the "world".
>
> ImageMagick APIs have changed (even the name of the function to call
> to initialize the library) since the version in OpenSolaris so
> dependent apps/libraries may need to be patched to compile and work
> properly.
>
> Bob
---