[oi-dev] problem with firefox in hipster

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 09:32:58 UTC 2013

On 07/19/13 11:21 AM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> On 19/07/2013 11:04, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> Good news.
>> I was surprised that still none C++ application suffered from studio =>
>> g++ migration and other changes.
>>
>> Now we have firefox crashing on start in /hipster.
>>
>> https://www.illumos.org/issues/3896
>>
>> Do I understand correctly that our JDS comes from /dev-test? Possibly we
>> finally have good reason to compile new JDS versions on /hipster, not
>> /dev.
>>

> Maybe indeed a C++ incompatibility ? Firefox from Mozilla contrib is
> build with Sun CC, see about:buildconfig :
And it would continue to be built with Sun CC , rather specific patched
version of Studio (not newest), because only person contributing Fifefox
and thunderbird and ligtning (calendar) binaries works for Oracle and is
making both Mozilla for Solaris11, 10 and 'opensolaris', that is OI/us.

There is need for at least one person with access to patched Solaris
Studio (needs paying support contract)
to be able to for starters, duplicate Firefox building.
Once that is done, Experimenting with changing compiler could begin.