[oi-dev] Error when linking to libgfortran.so

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Sun Jul 21 18:27:04 UTC 2013

Hello.

Jim Klimov писал 21.07.2013 22:11:
> On 2013-07-21 19:22, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
> Hi,
> I am building mpich for hipster with gcc 4.7.3 and the configure step
> fails with the error:
>
> ld.so.1: conftest: fatal: libgfortran.so.3: open failed: No such file
> or
> directory
>
> I though that since LDFLAGS=-R/usr/gcc/4.7/lib was passed to build gcc
> in hipster it would be resolved automatically but apparently it is not
> the case.
> The library libgfortran.so.3 is present in /usr/gcc/4.7.3/lib but there
> are no symlinks to /usr/lib.
>

> There are some discrepancies in your text above. You mention
> both /usr/gcc/4.7/lib and /usr/gcc/4.7.3/lib. Are they the
> same (i.e. via symlink), or is it a typo class of operator
> error? I.e. would addition of
> LDFLAGS="-R/usr/gcc/4.7.3/lib $LDFLAGS"
> solve the problem? :)

I think it's a bad idea - the compiled software will depend on
developer/gcc-47 instead of system/library/gcc-4-runtime.
The correct decision would be to modify system/library/gcc-4-runtime and
include /usr/lib/libgfortran.so in it or create separate
system/library/gfortran-4-runtime or similar package.

I think, Andrzej could better clarify this question as an author of
these packages.
---