[oi-dev] xchat, Firefox dumps core, OI logo xlock broken, last 2 hipster updates

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 20:24:05 UTC 2013

On 07/21/13 03:44 PM, ken mays wrote:
> Nikola,
>
> If you just uninstall zlib 1.2.8 and reinstall zlib 1.2.3, can you retest
> your uploads as well as youtube usage with sound/flash?
>
> Just so we can review the working state on your system at this point
> with /hipster.
>
> ~ Ken Mays
I did not know how to just uninstall zlib 1.2.8 and reinstall 1.2.3 ?
So I rebooted older BE that has 1.2.3 installed , did pkg freeze
pkg:/library/zlib at 1.2.3
and then updated with pkg update -v , leaving zlib at 1.2.3
- Feel free to suggest way of replacing 1.2.8 with 1.2.3 without reserve
BE -

With zlib 1.2.3, FF10 is starting and seems working right. FF22 also
works and not doing core dump anymore on uploading to mega.co.nz
Xchat from SFE also does not dump core with zlib 1.2.3 , so probably
zlib it was.

N.