[oi-dev] Libtool 2.4.2 and several questions (nvidia, build process)

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Sun Jul 28 16:10:02 UTC 2013

On Sat, 27 Jul 2013, Jim Klimov wrote:

> On 2013-07-27 22:27, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>> 3) gmake clean fails on components/nvidia.
>> Does someone have any idea why it needs this (
>> https://github.com/OpenIndiana/oi-userland/blob/oi/hipster/components/nvidia/Makefile
>> ):
>>
>> clean::
>>      [ -d $(BUILD_DIR) ] && rm -rf $(BUILD_DIR)
>>
>> Shouldn't this be transformed just to
>>
>> clean::
>>      rm -rf $(BUILD_DIR)
>
> While IMHO this can be replaced, as long as "rm" on a missing target
> does not return an error, note that gmake interprets the Makefile

The default shell in current 'dev' OpenIndiana does throw an error
(when it should not).  This problem occurs when 'rm' is reported as
/usr/xpg4/bin/rm rather than /usr/gnu/bin/rm.  The xpg4 version is
emulated as a shell built-in (which is broken).

The next release of Automake has been declared to require correct
behavior so I hope that someone fixes this (updates the ksh93 shell)
in 'dev' OpenIndiana.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn