[oi-dev] runtime linker and non-standard libraries location

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Thu Jun 6 12:22:52 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'm working on aspell port and have the following question about shared
libraries. In current library/ncurses the library is located in
/usr/gnu/lib or /usr/gnu/lib/amd64.
I can path -L /usr/gnu/lib/amd64 or -L /usr/gnu/lib option to ld while
compiling objects. But what to do with a run-time linker? Should I patch
the package to use -rpath linker flag or just assume that we have new
ncurses?

Current ncurses component from Oracle provides neccessary links in
/usr/lib and /usr/lib/amd64.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,