[oi-dev] new (minor) dependency issue in hipster repo

Chad Cantwell chad at iomail.org
Thu Jun 20 23:50:33 UTC 2013

Yes, I noticed a commit about an issue with the hipster repo that was said to be fixed
before I ran across the issue.  Anyway, I just checked another machine (since I don't
want to reboot the first machine into the older BE), and it has the same error I run
'pkg uninstall netcat' and then 'pkg install netcat'.  Uninstall completes
uneventfully but then it can't reinstall:

Creating Plan -
pkg install: The requested change to the system attempts to install multiple actions
for legacy 'SUNWftpr' with conflicting attributes:

    1 package delivers 'legacy category=system desc="FTP Server Configuration Files" hotline="Please contact your local service provider" na     me="FTP Server, (Root)" pkg=SUNWftpr vendor="Project OpenIndiana" version=11.11,REV=2009.11.11':
        pkg://openindiana.org/service/network/ftp@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T144949Z
    1 package delivers 'legacy category=system desc="FTP Server Configuration Files" hotline="Please contact your local service provider" na     me="FTP Server, (Root)" pkg=SUNWftpr vendor=Illumos version=11.11,REV=2009.11.11':
        pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWcs@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130619T222328Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

Chad