[oi-dev] OI project reboot required

Andrzej Szeszo aszeszo at gmail.com
Thu May 9 11:06:00 UTC 2013

The process you have described sounds a lot like OI's original plan. It
didn't work out. There was too much baggage. No one was willing to spend
time learning it. It was just too ... ugly.

Individual gates provide some semi-automated ways of building things. I
don't know anyone who managed to automate them all though. No one was able
to provide equivalent of "make world" to build complete OI to date.

There is no doubt Martin Bochnig has a lot of expertise in putting
operating systems together. I got impression that he was heavily invested
in SVR4 based systems though. OI may not be an interesting project for him
as it will probably remain IPS based for the time being.

Andrzej