[oi-dev] OI 'hipster' reboot effort

Gary Gendel gary at genashor.com
Wed May 22 15:43:25 UTC 2013

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'm left with one more conflict, the
group id of the /usr/share tree.

pkg update: The requested change to the system attempts to install
multiple actions
for dir 'usr/share' with conflicting attributes:

     1 package delivers 'dir group=bin mode=0755 owner=root path=usr/share':
pkg://openindiana.org/driver/graphics/nvidia@0.319.17,5.11-0.151.1.8.1:20130522T142429Z
     490 packages deliver 'dir group=sys mode=0755 owner=root
path=usr/share', including:
pkg://extra/system/font/truetype/ttf-fonts-core@1.1,5.11-0.111:20100126T163849Z
pkg://openindiana.org/SUNWcs@0.5.11,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T145134Z
pkg://openindiana.org/archiver/unrar@4.2.4,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T134533Z
pkg://openindiana.org/benchmark/x11perf@1.5.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130305T143729Z
pkg://openindiana.org/codec/flac@1.2.1,5.11-0.151.1.8:20130407T012121Z

These packages may not be installed together.  Any non-conflicting set may
be, or the packages must be corrected before they can be installed.

I can't remove the nvidia driver on a live image.  I don't use it anyway
because this has a Trident card.  Should I bring up a liveCD and remove
it that way or is there some way to fix this when upgrading?

Regards,
Gary