[oi-dev] Bypassing check for inexistent python .pyc files in IPS manifests.

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:34:30 UTC 2013

Hi,
while adding environment-modules [1] to oi-userland I ran into the issue
that, when resolving the dependencies, for any python file .py it is
expected that a .pyc exists.
As the tree contains a wrapper file "python.py", I get an error that
"python.pyc" is not found.

After looking for a solution I came across the following solution to
indicate not to seek a .pyc file:

file path=usr/lib/Modules/$(COMPONENT_VERSION)/init/python.py
pkg.tmp.autopyc=false

Is it correct or is there a preferred way to achieve that ?
Best regards,

Aurélien

[1] http://modules.sourceforge.net/

LARCHER Aurélien            | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42   | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4
Mob.: +46 (0) 7 09 46 40 17 | 100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN