[oi-dev] Bypassing check for inexistent python .pyc files in IPS manifests.

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Nov 18 07:55:07 UTC 2013

Hi Alexander,
thank you for your quick answer !
In this case indeed there should not be a .pyc file.
Is there a place on the wiki where this kind of information could be added ?
Best regards,

Aurélien

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 8:46 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> Hello.
>

> On 11/18/2013 11:34, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>
>  After looking for a solution I came across the following solution to
>> indicate not to seek a .pyc file:
>>
>> file path=usr/lib/Modules/$(COMPONENT_VERSION)/init/python.py
>> pkg.tmp.autopyc=false
>>
>> Is it correct or is there a preferred way to achieve that ?
>> Best regards,
>>

> Yes, usually you have two options: make package generate *.pyc files or
> set this option. Sometimes package just is not supposed to do it. In this
> case autopyc=false is a solution.
> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Computer Center of Southern Federal University

LARCHER Aurélien            | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42   | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 5
Mob.: +46 (0) 7 09 46 40 17 | 100 44 Stockholm, SWEDEN