[oi-dev] SFE repository an g++ libraries in /hipster

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Mon Oct 14 15:13:22 UTC 2013

Hello.
I'd like to know your opinion on the following issue. As we are moving
to gcc-only (or at least gcc-mostly) build in /hipster we have a problem
of providing both versions of Sun CC-compiled C++ libraries and GCC
compiled C++ libraries. The decision is to be made what to do with this
issue in the future. But for the now I'm starting to deliver
G++-compiled libraries in /usr/g++. Evidently, it sometimes breaks SFE.

For example, with recent push of gcc-compiled icu we delivered ICU
4.6.1, while SFE boost package expects to find icu 4.8.1 under /usr/g++.

We need some coordination (for example, on library versions), or perhaps
a separate build of SFE on /hipster. What do you think on the subject?

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,