[oi-dev] pkcs library fix

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 16 20:48:38 UTC 2013

Hello.
We have the following issues, which affects 64-bit programs, using
libpkcs11.so:

https://www.illumos.org/issues/4204
https://www.illumos.org/issues/4215

Briefly, if g++-compiled library has .fini and .init sections and is
used simultaneously with libpkcs11.so (and it's rather common - for
example, it is used by curl), this can cause application crash.
The workaround is to comment out line
"/usr/lib/security/$ISA/pkcs11_tpm.so" in /etc/crypto/pkcs11.conf .

Richard Lowe almost has this issue fixed in illumos-gate. Meanwhile I
could push the following workaround:
https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/4204 to oi-userland.

I don't know if it worth doing, because it will not affect existing
installation, only newly created images.
What do you think?