[oi-dev] Testing Updating packages and hipster-testing repo.

Nikola M. minikola at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 12:22:51 UTC 2013

On 10/ 9/13 01:48 PM, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
> I think that every change to public Hipster repo should be tested before
>> done.
>> And it goes for every update or group of them, so it could be tested by
>> one more or few people, before pushing it public.
>>
>> How about pushing it to hipster-testing publisher or something, before
>> going to hipster?
>> If Hipster is rolling-release, it should have 'release' in mind, not
>> only 'rolling' :)
> This makes absolutely no sense since /hipster IS the
> testbed. /dev is what people in the public are exposed
> to (and, hopefully, someday, /release).
/dev should be testbed and we should be going to /release in our lifetimes.
Recent /dev a8 is mostly useless for everyday use (flash not working and
Desktop is broken and recent breakings in SFE make it useless to play
video with smplayer etc.)
, also /dev releases were unitll recen very infrequent.

It makes even less sense just to drop everything one change without
testing to a public repo , that hipster is.
I just say I don't want to install broken stuff when I upgrade to from
Hipster. Test it first.
Hipster become "dev" and since we have no "release" , /dev is our release .

So dropping things without testing to hipster is not OK, because people
actually use Hipster.

Testing things before droping it for anyone's use is always good, so my
proposal on
making testing procedure and making testing better, stands.
It can only make things better, out of that, /dev will be better. And
opposite of that is what?