[oi-dev] sigcpp issue

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 9 15:49:29 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 18:44, Thomas Wagner wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> this is where in SFE package name macros have been invented for.
> If a distro starts supplying packages with conflicting files
> or even conflicting package names, then in SFE we can parametrize
> the package dependencies (called BuildRequires and Requires in the
> spec files).
>
> In this case we would have a look for spec files (-> sfe packages)
> using this package library/g++/sigcpp and decide if it can
> replace the dependency and for *this* specific distro-release
> use their package.
> To make the change complete, this needs a rebuild of those SFE
> packages which build ontop of the package library/g++/sigcpp
> (or manually pkgmogrify the contents in the SFE repository to
> refer to OI's-pkg:/library/g++/sigcpp).
> The cleanest way is to rebuild the SFE-packages depening on
> library/g++/sigcpp.

Hello, Thomas.
As always, I'm the one to blame for it. However, this particular
conflict could be caused by directory permission.

What permissions are set for /usr/g++ subdirectories in SFE?
I'm going to commit the following:
https://github.com/pyhalov/oi-userland/compare/sigcpp
Is anything missing?

As I understand it, /usr/g++/ libraries is a temporary solution which
allows us to avoid breaking Sun CC-compiled programs. When we can
rebuild everything with GCC, I think it's a good idea to rename
libraries to original names and move back to /usr.

I've tried to discuss sigcpp on Developer ML and IRC channel. I've heard
several opinions. And library was committed at least a week after
discussion.
So, there are two reasons: insufficient testing and the main one -
nobody cares.

As for some reasonable policies - if someone could propose them, I'd be
glad to hear.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,