[oi-dev] Net-SNMP review

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Wed Oct 9 16:47:11 UTC 2013

On 10/09/2013 20:30, ken mays wrote:
> Hello,
>
> There was a bug/RFE submitted to review and test the current Net-SNMP 5.4.1 packages in /dev and /hipster.
>
> I noted the library/network package is no longer a dependency, so just wanted
> to know if we would respin the Net-SNMP 5.4.1 packages and have it 'field' checked and tested...
>
> ~ Ken Mays

Hello.
There are several questions.
1) Current net-snmp package has 16 patches in sfw-gate and about 30 in
upstream userland gate. We should determine which are necessary for
newer version.

2) Have someone checked that new net-snmp is compatible with
illumos-gate? It has dependencies from ON.

3) To integrate this package we have to rebuild its dependencies and
mark obsoleted packages. To mark php 5.2 as obsolete I have to completly
remove php-idn extension or update it.

However, there are some difficulties with its update
1) it  is no longer maintained upstream
2) part of functions moved from this extension to php-intl extension.
This one requires icu library. And it is still Sun CC compiled in
/hipster, so firstly we have to import icu packages from g11n
consolidation.
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,