[oi-dev] [OpenIndiana-discuss] Studio future in OI (Re: )

Dave Koelmeyer dave.koelmeyer at davekoelmeyer.co.nz
Sun Oct 13 07:54:50 UTC 2013

On 13/10/13 07:33 PM, Nikola M. wrote:

> This is my intention to discuss obvious problems that Openindiana have
> with release management
> and quality control and I see no justification to ignore user requests
> for clear open testing process that is suppose to produce quality and
> improvements, not drawbacks as a result.

All this is nice, and would be lovely to have in a project with better
resourcing, but it's obvious there isn't. Far as I'm concerned the ratio
of active development to armchair discussion in the past has been
heavily weighted to the latter. As a user I'm comfortable with and
expect breakages - I'd *much* prefer actual progress and developer
activity to the moribund state of OI in the recent past, pre-Hipster.
With respect, the fact that you're getting upset about Flash player (!!)
breaking - a near dead technology on a platform with a miniscule
installed base - indicates to me you're having the wrong debate.

--
Dave Koelmeyer
http://blog.davekoelmeyer.co.nz