[oi-dev] beginners customized distro_const question

Randy S sim.ple at live.nl
Thu Apr 3 10:29:59 UTC 2014

Hi,
maybe someone can tell me where I went wrong and what I should have done?

I'm trying to make a customized version of the automatic installer .

- created a custom test package and added it to a local private local repo (separate second local repo)
- created a local copy of the official repo with the officical packages (first local repo)
- tested the installation of this test package on a normal oi system. Package should install into /etc/test and it does.
- in the ai_x86_image_JMC.xml I placed the first repo in the </pkg_repo_default_authority> section
- in the ai_x86_image_JMC.xml I added the second repo in the </pkg_repo_addl_authority> section
- added the test package to the <packages> section

Started the build process and iso is created correctly

Now, when I start the iso according to the instructions on the wiki: http://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/Automated+Installer+and+Networked+Installation
and I go to the command prompt , I do not see the test package in the /etc/.
I however do find it in /mnt/misc/etc/test

Maybe someone can explain to me why this happens, where I went wrong and how to do the above correctly ?

Thanks in advance.

Randy