[oi-dev] review openssl-1.0

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Tue Apr 15 05:20:41 UTC 2014

Hello.

Bob Friesenhahn писал 15.04.2014 07:10:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2014, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
>>
>> Waiting for your comments. If I don't receive any negative feedback
>> and userland build completes without issues, I'm going to commit these
>> bits in several few days.
>
> You might want to consider not using -fomit-frame-pointer.  It makes
> debugging more difficult and is apparently not the Solaris tradition
> (according to Brendan Gregg).  Linux gets by with this by always
> offering a debug version of the libraries.  Considering DTrace
> usability and ability to debug without including a debug version of
> every library, -fomit-frame-pointer does not seem to be worth it.

I've updated my work - added compilers options after consulting DilOS
and SmartOS OpenSSL makefiles.
Now compiler options should closer match Sun Studio options.

Yesterday I found a bug - evident binary incompatibility of 0.9.8
openssl bits. Not recompiled ssh crashed on establishing connection to
the server.
With fixed compilers options this issue has gone. Continue testing it...

---