[oi-dev] CMake 2.8.6 oi-userland patchset question

Aurélien Larcher aurelien.larcher at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 15:08:09 UTC 2014

Hi,
just an update: I adapted the patchset to 2.18.12.2, published locally and
also ran the test suite:

---
99% tests passed, 4 tests failed out of 311

Label Time Summary:
Label1    =   0.08 sec
Label2    =   0.08 sec

Total Test time (real) = 523.84 sec

The following tests FAILED:
     25 - FindModulesExecuteAll (Failed)
    223 - CMakeOnly.AllFindModules (Failed)
    248 - RunCMake.VisibilityPreset (Failed)
    302 - CMake.ProcessorCount (Failed)
Errors while running CTest
---

I am looking now at fixing the failed tests.
If anyone is interested in having a try, the files are here:
https://github.com/alarcher/oi-userland/tree/cmake/components/cmake
Best regards

Aurelien

On Fri, Aug 22, 2014 at 7:48 AM, Alexander Pyhalov <alp at rsu.ru> wrote:

> On 08/21/2014 20:48, Aurélien Larcher wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> after several month of standby, I am looking looking at bumping CMake to
>> 2.8.12.2 and just skimmed through the current patchset in oi-userland.
>> Most of it consists in removing /usr/local and /opt/csw from the search
>> path of Find***.cmake files.
>> How crucial is it ?
>> Best regards,
>>

> Hi.
> I think that if without this patch software from oi-userland could
> accidentally use stuff or libraries from /opt/csw or /usr/local/lib it
> would be undesirable. On other hand, for users compiling software manually,
> it could be good. I'd prefer to keep /usr/local and /opt/csw commented
> (user can always uncomment these lines), but don't have strong opinion on
> this.
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Alexander Pyhalov,
> system administrator of Computer Center of Southern Federal University

LARCHER Aurélien          | KTH, School of Computer Science and
Communication
Work: +46 (0) 8 790 71 42 | Lindstedtsvägen 5, Plan 4, 100 44 Stockholm,
SWEDEN