[oi-dev] libmtsk.so.1 missing in hipster - breaks ImageMagick and GraphicsMagick

Udo Grabowski (IMK) udo.grabowski at kit.edu
Mon Dec 1 15:35:23 UTC 2014

On 01/12/2014 16:17, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Dec 2014, Udo Grabowski (IMK) wrote:
>
>> On 01/12/2014 06:40, Fred Kimball via oi-dev wrote:
>>> Looked in /usr/lib and don't find libmtsk.so.1.
>> libmtsk was a closed part of Opensolaris and wasn't
>> replaced when substituting the closed bins.
>> You can still install that using the openindiana
>> 151a9 repository (minimal install on a separate
>> partition) and install the system math package
>> (Math & Microtasking), and copy the libmtsk* libraries
>> to /lib and symlink into /usr/lib/ (as well as /lib/amd64/
>> and /usr/lib/amd64/).
>> These libraries should also have an open source
>> replacement, but who can write that ?
>
> This library is part of the OpenMP (and likely auto-parallizing)
> implementation used by the Oracle Studio compiler.  GCC provides a
> different OpenMP implementation based on "GOMP".  I understand that
> the 'clang' project is well under way to having its own OpenMP
> implementation.
>
> While it might not fit with Hipster's objectives, compiling the
> problematic software using GCC will allow it to work.

Yep, this seems to be a broken hipster install since gimp should
have been gcc compiled on hipster (this is what hipster is all
about). libmtsk definitely is a Sun Studio library and shouldn't
be needed there.
--
Dr.Udo Grabowski   Inst.f.Meteorology & Climate Research IMK-ASF-SAT
http://www.imk-asf.kit.edu/english/sat.php