[oi-dev] /dev -> /hipster update

Alexander Pyhalov alp at rsu.ru
Fri Feb 21 10:59:04 UTC 2014

Good day.
I've been working on updates to several packages in /hipster which are
older than in /dev.

This work is necessary to allow /dev -> /hipster updates.

Current status is shown here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1teq-uByT4z1wojY74B8J-r35zeLa1CpuEXaBQWhqikY/edit

I've updated all packages which existed in oi-userland. Several packages
are missing. Some of them are obsolete, so this doesn't matter.

The following packages are a bit specific (two packages which were added
to oi-jds after /hipster split:

system/library/orc
library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf

As I understand, system/library/orc package was just adopted from SFE
and is used by gstreamer package.
I think we can just add it, but I'd like to avoid gstreamer rebuilt for
now - it has too many dependencies which are not in oi-userland yet.

I don't thoroughly understand situation with gdk-pixbuf .

As I understand, this is a new gdk-pixbuf version, which is delivered
simultaneously with old one from library/desktop/gtk2.
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 version was changed to the new one in /dev a9,
and a lot of packages from /dev JDS now depends on
library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf. I don't think that we can import it without
rebuilding dependent packages.

Affected packages which are not in oi-userland:

benchmark/gtkperf
communication/pda/gnome-pilot
desktop/administration/gnome-system-tools
desktop/administration/gparted
desktop/administration/nwam-manager
desktop/archive-manager/file-roller
desktop/character-map/gucharmap
desktop/file-manager/gnome-commander
desktop/gftp
desktop/gksu
desktop/irc/xchat
desktop/network/gnome-nettool
desktop/remote-desktop/tsclient
desktop/system-monitor/gkrellm
desktop/system-monitor/gnome-system-monitor
desktop/time-tracking/hamster
desktop/torrent/transmission
desktop/xdg/xdg-user-dirs-gtk
developer/ui-designer/glade
editor/blog/drivel
editor/gedit
editor/gedit/gedit-plugins
editor/ghex
games/gnome-games
gnome/accessibility/gnome-a11y-libs
gnome/accessibility/gok
gnome/accessibility/mousetweaks
gnome/applet/contact-lookup-applet
gnome/applet/gnome-fun-applets
gnome/applet/gnome-intranet-applets
gnome/applet/gnome-mm-applets

We could possibly provide library/desktop/gdk-pixbuf package delivering
new library, but keep libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 symlink... However, it will
likely require rebuilding library/desktop/gtk2.

Milan, what do you think about second option? Will it work?

Andrzej, can you share oi-dev-package-version-compare.sh script?
--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,