[oi-dev] oi_151a9 roadmap & planning

Jean-Pierre André jean-pierre.andre at wanadoo.fr
Thu Feb 13 07:42:54 UTC 2014

Hi,

Alan Coopersmith wrote:
> On 02/12/14 12:41 PM, Peter Tribble wrote:
>> (Ideally, you want other communities to build and distribute software
>> for you. That's one area where IPS is a huge obstacle - all this
>> repository stuff is an intolerable burden on third parties,
>
> Nearly all package systems have repositories, what makes IPS more
> intolerable
> than the rest?   (Or had you just not noticed that support for package
> archives,
> basically tarball versions of IPS packages, was added to IPS in years past?

Oh, great, I did not know.

I have three computers, but the hardware for two of them is
not supported by OI. I can only install OI on third one,
but the WiFi network access is not supported.

So, basically I have to download through Windows or Linux,
but I do not known how to "ftp" or "wget" an update, or
anything which is not available in an ISO, from an IPS ?

I am the maintainer of ntfs-3g. How should I deposit an "IPS
package" on a plain web server I do not control ?
(see http://jp-andre.pagesperso-orange.fr/openindiana-ntfs-3g.html)