[oi-dev] [discuss] Re: basis for better collaboration on illumos and OpenIndiana: small circle, Big circle

Joerg Schilling Joerg.Schilling at fokus.fraunhofer.de
Fri Feb 21 22:55:17 UTC 2014

seth Nimbosa <darth.serious at gmail.com> wrote:

> Quick Question: can anyone tell me about illumos integration of system
> tools/utilities from AT&T AST and/or the Heirloom Project?  Or are there
> any licensing concerns about that?  Thanks!

You remind me that I need to ask David and Glenn whether there are legal
implications from the fact that AT&T did fire David and Glenn. AFAIR, they are
continuing to work on the code outside AT&T.

Regarding the Heirloom "Project", this is a one man show. The code has been
mostly taken from OpenSolaris. Some code is from SCO and a few sources are
taken from Plan 9.

If you have specific questions about what you have in mind, I may comment
things.

Jörg